Oily Water Separators
Victor Marine Ltd’s 92 years of experience in providing solutions for bilge water treatment has incorporated the latest technology to ensure that our Oily Water Separators comply with IMO regulation MEPC 107 (49), introduced in January 2005. Our units are also approved by DNV GL’s 5ppm “Clean Design” Notation which can be supplied inclusive with our OWS units, thereby making vessels “future-proofed” regarding any proposed IMO regulatory changes in the future.
The CS Series Oily Water Separator units are suitable for use on board vessels such as chemical, oil and product tankers, passenger and RO-RO ferries, workboats, offshore service vessels, warships, cruise ships, superyachts and fast patrol craft.
Our units are used to separate oil from bilge water to the required international standard of 15 ppm (parts per million) oil content before discharge overboard and to maintain a cleaner marine environment, aiding the preservation of marine life throughout the world’s oceans and seas.
The Victor MiniSep range of Oily Water Separators is by far our most popular product and due to its success, now includes the latest designed and approved CS Lite OWS unit, a compact and lightweight version of the original larger MiniSep CS Range and which is suited to smaller vessels where size, weight and function, without jeopardising ultimate vessel speed is required.
Victor Marine’s Oily Water Separators use unique design features to set a standard above the rest.
- Uses a three-stage high-quality separation system which is effective and reliable;
- No high-speed moving parts, resulting in less maintenance and lower costs;
- No delicate expensive membranes;
- Uses organic materials;
- Low power consumption;
- No hazardous chemicals, cleaning cycles or back-washing required;
- Uses a unique Advanced Granular Media (AGM) refined to adsorb 60% of its weight in oil contaminants – increases the life of consumables, minimising costs and maximising uptime;
- Fully Type Approved by Class Societies including BV, ABS, DNV GL (including the 5ppm “Clean Design” Notation), CCS, RMRS, MED and USCG;
- Simple fully automatic operation requires no staff training;
- Can be supplied in turnkey package or in modular form for ease of installation;
- Ancillary equipment and spares available for all OWS units;
The complete range of Victor MiniSep units are renowned for their “green” credentials, efficiency, reliability, economy, ease of installation, use and servicing making the installation and lifespan of the units trouble-free.
Victor Marine Ltd maintains a worldwide network of representatives who can provide customers with comprehensive sales advice and guidance, survey requirements, after-sales service including installation, commissioning, technical support, servicing and spares requirements.
The animation below shows how the system works.